Friday, October 2, 2009

Birds & Bats

My three little chicks.

We spent our time at the Wings of Asia section. It is really nice and peaceful in the exhibit. They also have an interactive game where they compare beaks to human tools and you have to guess which bird's beak matches the tool (Alex liked it). We encountered some cool looking birds. Next time I'll take notes and remember their names. They did have charts all over identifying the birds.








When I saw this tree with all these birds on it, I couldn't help but sing- "on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me . . . ."



My kids had fun chasing a peacock all over. We went up and down stairs and everywhere. They really wanted to see him spread his feather, but he wouldn't cooperate.



My kids love to play in the dino-pit, but they get so filthy. Luckily playing in the splash water area helped clean them up.

Today in class we learned about bats! I even wore a bat shirt and didn't even know that was the topic. After learning about them we got to see a rat (our last mammal), and then we got to play a echolocation bat game. We blinded kids to be a bat and insect and used clickers for the bat to locate his prey. Paulina was the bat, but was unable to get her food. Alex was too scared to try. Then we saw some real wild bats in the rafters. We also roosted like a bat and saw the bats on display in the Amazon section.



No comments:

Blog Archive